maandag 3 september 2012

Gift DIY ~ wrapping paper (kraft paper look-a-like)

Here's another gift inspired DIY. This time it's a gift wrapping idea.
I really like how this kraft paper looks, but I didn't have any.. and it was already in the evening so I couldn't buy some. For some reason I always come up with an idea when it's getting dark, not a good thing when you're trying to make clear photos. Luckily I had my boyfriends camera now instead of my old iPhone ;)
So, I've used up a few rolls of wrapping paper recently and I kept the cardboard rolls that were inside.These have the same look and feel as the kraft paper. It's only a bit sturdier. But it does the job! I wouldn't try to wrap anything but box-shaped items though.





These were my supplies:
- cardboard rolls
- tape (I also used masking tape)
- gift tags (got mine at AH XL)
- scissors
- rope

After I had flattened the cardboard I taped them together with the regular tape. I added the masking tape because the look fits better with the cardboard.


Cut a piece of paper that fits your gift and start wrapping! Make sure you make sharp folds.
Here you can also tape it first with regular tape to make sure it stays closed.


Add some rope and a cute gift tag and you're done!
This is a great way to use up leftover material, plus I like the patched up look of it. You can also use this material for a variety of different projects. Like this envelope and gift tag diy by Emily I found recently.

Have a great week!
Anne Lien

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Ziet er leuk uit! Vind het altijd verwonderlijk hoewel een mooi papiertje/verpakking kan doen :)

    x

    Marielle

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Hoi! bedankt voor je comment :)
      Leuk blog heb je trouwens! ik ga daar nog even verder snuffelen ;)
      Xx

      Verwijderen

ShareThis