donderdag 6 september 2012

My Projects ~ dark blue jacket with a touch of gold

I think I came up with the idea of making my own jacket/blazer about 3-4 years ago. Together with my mom I've searched fabric markets high and low to find that one perfect fabric for my creation. In a magazine I had already found the pattern I was going to use. After I found the fabrics I got to work. I altered the pattern so it would have long sleeves, pockets and it would fit my figure better. I was going ok with this project, but then I got busy or I got stuck.
So for the last 3-4 years I have worked on this jacket. I would work on it for maybe 3 days and then I put it away. Because the fabric gave awful blue stains, because the shoulders would look chunky, because I didn't understand what the magazine was trying to tell me, because I didn't have any room in my tiny blue apartment..
But last semester in March, I finally finished it! ^_^



Fortunately I still love the fabric even though it's quite a bit out there. Also, I found the most amazing buttons ever! At first I had silver buttons, but I think the gold adds just that little more 'oomph' to it. (I'm going through a gold-accessorize period right now)
I have sewn some bags and clothing before, but I was still quite amazed I achieved this, if I may say so about myself. It was a fun journey and I've learned so many new techniques ^_^ not sure if I'm gonna do it again soon though.. I'll tell you in about 4 years about that ;)

It's almost weekend!
Xx
Anne Lien

2 opmerkingen:

  1. So proud of you for finishing it! I also have so many unfinished projects. At the moment I am still working on another polka dot dress. Hopefully to be finished soon ;)

    x

    Marielle

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. haha thanks! I'm happy to find out I'm not the only one unable to finish projects ;) Sometimes I just need a strict deadline to get it done.
      Can't wait to see your dress! (you better finish it quickly, not many warm days left ^_^)
      Xx

      Verwijderen

ShareThis